Goals Progress
Whoa, people do read and comment on this. Good job, guys!
Last year, in this entry, I set another 10 goals for myself just to see if I could do it. I am happy to report that I have accomplished SEVEN of them! For those of you who were not keeping count, the ones I missed were 6, 7, and 9.
6. Visit Europe or Asia: I think this was an issue of timing. Eventually I will go abroad again, but this year with work and everything, I just did not accrue enough vacation time to take off for anywhere. Now if only I were Diana.. psh, this would have been easy!
7. Break 200 ten plus times, or break my high of 245: I did not even give this one a good attempt, as I have gone bowling exactly once in the last year. I thought about joining a league at one point, but without consistent bowling buddies in the area, I lost the motivation to pursue this further. Besides, it is very difficult to find a singles (as in the number on the team, and not one's relationship status) league unless they are done tournament-style, and as my collegiate scores have shown, I do not function very well under presure situations, and that would have defeated the whole purpose.
9. Learn to play poker like Jack: I read Bringing Down the House in about two days and frequented Jack's blog for poker stories, but other than that, I do not really know what I had to do to attain this goal. In fact, there was no real way to track this.. other than winning money, perhaps, but I have not gone back home in a while and when I am there, I don't gamble. I guess I did win $20 in a house game once, only to lose probably about that much, if not more, in another house game. Note to self: Make better goals with a clearer definition of success next time.
Oh, by the way, there are new links on my right. Welcome Meebo and C Sharp Major!
Last year, in this entry, I set another 10 goals for myself just to see if I could do it. I am happy to report that I have accomplished SEVEN of them! For those of you who were not keeping count, the ones I missed were 6, 7, and 9.
6. Visit Europe or Asia: I think this was an issue of timing. Eventually I will go abroad again, but this year with work and everything, I just did not accrue enough vacation time to take off for anywhere. Now if only I were Diana.. psh, this would have been easy!
7. Break 200 ten plus times, or break my high of 245: I did not even give this one a good attempt, as I have gone bowling exactly once in the last year. I thought about joining a league at one point, but without consistent bowling buddies in the area, I lost the motivation to pursue this further. Besides, it is very difficult to find a singles (as in the number on the team, and not one's relationship status) league unless they are done tournament-style, and as my collegiate scores have shown, I do not function very well under presure situations, and that would have defeated the whole purpose.
9. Learn to play poker like Jack: I read Bringing Down the House in about two days and frequented Jack's blog for poker stories, but other than that, I do not really know what I had to do to attain this goal. In fact, there was no real way to track this.. other than winning money, perhaps, but I have not gone back home in a while and when I am there, I don't gamble. I guess I did win $20 in a house game once, only to lose probably about that much, if not more, in another house game. Note to self: Make better goals with a clearer definition of success next time.
Oh, by the way, there are new links on my right. Welcome Meebo and C Sharp Major!