Taking In Heat
Ever since Miami won the NBA Finals, I have heard about nothing but the freaking heat. I mean, what do you think this is, Vegas or something? Anyway, there are only so many triple-digit degree days that I can take. And in California, that number is one.
Since my last post, the job situation has gotten a little bit clearer. Actually, I take that back; it is more complicated than it has ever been! Apparently, I am now holding two offers: one from a biopharmaceutical company in Foster City called Gilead and the other from a different group at ALZA (they rehired me after the reorganization). Additionally, I may have an interview scheduled at another J&J company out in Boston, so we will see. Oh, decisions.
In other news, I have been thinking about getting a new computer lately -- a desktop, this time. It is not that my Dell is in that bad of condition, but rather, I think I just want a new toy. Somehow, shelling out a grand for something so unnecessary would be completely irresponsible of me and I am not normally one to be financially reckless. Maybe I will just wait until the next set of end-of-quarter deals before doing anything.
I swam a lap in Stanford's Olympic-sized pool the other day! For those of you who did swim team in high school, or who did not live in a landlocked state, or who are about to escape from Alcatraz, this may not have seemed like a huge deal, but it was a feat nonetheless to me! I still have trouble breathing sideways though, so maybe I will only stick to water places with floatie things, like my favorite hangout in San Jose: Raging Waters!
Looking at this post, I just realized that my entries do not really have a structure to them. They are mostly a mix of jumbled thoughts, and the longer I go between posts, the more random they are. How interesting.
Since my last post, the job situation has gotten a little bit clearer. Actually, I take that back; it is more complicated than it has ever been! Apparently, I am now holding two offers: one from a biopharmaceutical company in Foster City called Gilead and the other from a different group at ALZA (they rehired me after the reorganization). Additionally, I may have an interview scheduled at another J&J company out in Boston, so we will see. Oh, decisions.
In other news, I have been thinking about getting a new computer lately -- a desktop, this time. It is not that my Dell is in that bad of condition, but rather, I think I just want a new toy. Somehow, shelling out a grand for something so unnecessary would be completely irresponsible of me and I am not normally one to be financially reckless. Maybe I will just wait until the next set of end-of-quarter deals before doing anything.
I swam a lap in Stanford's Olympic-sized pool the other day! For those of you who did swim team in high school, or who did not live in a landlocked state, or who are about to escape from Alcatraz, this may not have seemed like a huge deal, but it was a feat nonetheless to me! I still have trouble breathing sideways though, so maybe I will only stick to water places with floatie things, like my favorite hangout in San Jose: Raging Waters!
Looking at this post, I just realized that my entries do not really have a structure to them. They are mostly a mix of jumbled thoughts, and the longer I go between posts, the more random they are. How interesting.