« Home | Birthday Wishes » | Alrighty. It's time to update this stupid thing. ... » | Okay. I have not blogged in a while. I realize t... » | HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TIFFANY!! » | As you know, one of the best and worst things abou... » | Czech-mate! The Czech Republic wins over the US: ... » | Ever have one of those mornings where you're like ... » | This is so funny: 巴士阿叔. It kinda reminds ... » | It's Election Day, at least here in California, so... » | HAPPY 20TH BIRTHDAY, CARRIE!!! In honor of this j... »

Welcome Back Fefoo

Whoa. An update! Long time no see, my fellow blog-readers! As you may have noticed, I kind of disappeared off the face of this earth the last few weeks. There really isn't a good reason either, other than the fact that I just did not feel like writing. And I mean at all. I would write entries, only to delete them later due to a lack of quality.

In the past week or so, I have never felt so weak physically. At the same time, I have been more emotionally stable than I have been in years, and I think a lot of the latter has to do with having someone there to listen to me rant basically twenty-four seven. For that, I thank thee, Miss Cai (and I think it is because of her that I write less nowadays -- there exists only so many hours!). As for the weakness thing, yeah, I don't know what's up with that. I feel tired, and this is a constant thing. It doesn't help either that I have a toothache or that I have been running around from dentist to doctor, trying to use up my insurance coverage before it runs out. I have also stopped going to the gym, if only temporarily. Apathy and laziness have become my brothers in arms. That needs to change. Hopefully soon.

I cannot say that I am not enjoying life, however, despite the job situation (which, by the way, I am happy to report does not appear all that bleak). I have some leads, with a few of them being strong ones, and sometimes that is all you need to get picked up again. The ol' 24 turned out fairly well. It is funny how I got exactly what I wanted, like they read my mind (or my last post) or something. And yes David, I do mean the two pieces of toilet paper that you got me. Nah, the whole birthday, the entire shindig was a splendid one indeed, which started with an early-morning Fremont trip to pick up Carrie so that we can go see The Break-Up (interesting choice for a first-ever theater movie to go see with your girlfriend, I have to admit) and lasted through the night. There was a BBQ, sports watching, games galore that included a Felix-Jeopardy, and FIREWORKS, both of the setting off and watching them kind! That's right. I don't know what it is but I am a sucker for nostalgic things, especially cool, fun little things that I did as a kid, and one of them happened to be that my family and I would always go over to my friend's place every Fourth of July to eat, play ping pong, swim, and set off legal (and sometimes illegal, even by Vegas standards) fireworks. It had always been a blast when I did it, so I wanted to share a little part of that with my closest friends here. I am really glad that I did.

Oh, and I am also really glad that I did not have to utilized my newly trained fire extinguishing skills. If the wind would have blown and Yves had somehow set his neighbor's house on fire, then the residents of Chez Minette would have landed behind bars. Somehow, and this is just a hunch, I don't think that he and I are made for prison. Surely, my "hour-long" showers would have to be cut shorter to avoid any uh, let's just say unpleasantries (read: un-pleasing-entries since "unpleasantries" is not actually a real word).

Ah, there we go. Welcome back, Fefoo.

Labels: , ,

About Me

Felix is a chemical engineer working for Big Biotech in the SF Bay Area. When he is not cheering for all things Stanford, he likes to play sports and video games, dance, listen to emo/soft rock, and tell bad puns. Since its inception in September 2002, this blog has chronicled his life from the mundane to the profound and has one central theme: to tell you a better story.