Alrighty. It's time to update this stupid thing. Otherwise, July will come and June will end up being the least updated month in the entire history of this almost four-year-old LJ.
I went to see the Goo Goo Dolls and Counting Crows last night with a bunch of people at the Shoreline Amphitheater. In case you did not know, I rarely attend concerts, so this was a nice little outing. Maybe my musical taste has become pickier over the years. Anyway, one thing I noticed was that live music is definitely a lot different than studio recordings, sometimes to the point that you cannot even recognize it anymore. The Crows were definitely better performers, and I like their music more because their lyrics are so much more pensive and soulful (like I shuddered when A Long December was played on the piano). The Dolls were pretty good too, but in their pop kind of way. I still love them, though. I mean, I guess it depends on my mood.
So to explain my absence from the journaling world, I attribute it to having been really busy at work (because I do most of my entries here), which is kind of ironic if you know the entire story since it is not actual work that I am doing. The short version is, there is a very high probability that I will not be here at ALZA after August, so if you know of any possible process engineering job openings out there, please shoot me an email. I think it has been a good ride, but it kind of makes me second-guess myself to having chosen this company over Impax last year. Oh well. As someone said to me once: Never regret anything that had made you smile before.
Ooh, the Fourth is coming up soon, in less than a week! That is funny how it kind of snuck up on me this year.
I went to see the Goo Goo Dolls and Counting Crows last night with a bunch of people at the Shoreline Amphitheater. In case you did not know, I rarely attend concerts, so this was a nice little outing. Maybe my musical taste has become pickier over the years. Anyway, one thing I noticed was that live music is definitely a lot different than studio recordings, sometimes to the point that you cannot even recognize it anymore. The Crows were definitely better performers, and I like their music more because their lyrics are so much more pensive and soulful (like I shuddered when A Long December was played on the piano). The Dolls were pretty good too, but in their pop kind of way. I still love them, though. I mean, I guess it depends on my mood.
So to explain my absence from the journaling world, I attribute it to having been really busy at work (because I do most of my entries here), which is kind of ironic if you know the entire story since it is not actual work that I am doing. The short version is, there is a very high probability that I will not be here at ALZA after August, so if you know of any possible process engineering job openings out there, please shoot me an email. I think it has been a good ride, but it kind of makes me second-guess myself to having chosen this company over Impax last year. Oh well. As someone said to me once: Never regret anything that had made you smile before.
Ooh, the Fourth is coming up soon, in less than a week! That is funny how it kind of snuck up on me this year.