Talent Unlimited
Based on Tiffany's recommendation, I started watching Psych recently. The show is nothing spectacular. In fact, it is downright predictable. When you factor in everything, all the episodes are the same: it is some young guy with a cop father who trained him to be super observant so he is able to solve crimes, but he pretends to be psychic, so he does not get into trouble by knowing too much. Still, there is something about it that makes it difficult to turn off. Perhaps it is the close resemblance to a childhood favorite of mine: Encyclopedia Brown. Plus it has Dule Hill, or some of you may know him better as President Bartlet's personal aide. Anyway, five episodes and four plus hours later, I am still laughing. I have to give it that -- the show is incredibly funny.
On the job front, I think some of you may have gotten the impression that I hate my job. This is not true. In fact, I still like my job (or what is left of it), but I just dislike the situation that I am currently in. Turning Gilead down was the hardest decision that I had to make, but you know what they say, when one door closes, a window opens. Or was it another door? Wait, what were we talking about? Oh, we were talking about the fact that I should not dwell on the past. What's done is done. What I should focus on now is to increase my professional value. I absolutely do not want to be the hold out who complains about not getting enough of the damn ball, and then when the ball is thrown at me, I drop it. Yeah, I don't want to be that guy. Take the initiative, they say! Fine. This week, I am going to teach myself how to use HPLC.
Last night, I did not sleep well. There were a couple reasons for this, but for one, I had a very disturbing dream about someone who was very close to me. We were in Boston, and I remember that I had to catch my flight to get the hell out of there, only the train would not run and I had to find a taxi to take me to the nearest harbor, so I could run across the bay to the airport (it was winter time, and the water was frozen over). What is even more frightening is that this is the second time in three days in which I remember having a dream that involved a train. Bizarre, huh? For you psychics out there, if you have a read as to what that was all about, please fill me in, because I would like to know.
By the way, did you see how I linked the first and last things together there just now? Oh yeah. That was talent. Unlimited.
On the job front, I think some of you may have gotten the impression that I hate my job. This is not true. In fact, I still like my job (or what is left of it), but I just dislike the situation that I am currently in. Turning Gilead down was the hardest decision that I had to make, but you know what they say, when one door closes, a window opens. Or was it another door? Wait, what were we talking about? Oh, we were talking about the fact that I should not dwell on the past. What's done is done. What I should focus on now is to increase my professional value. I absolutely do not want to be the hold out who complains about not getting enough of the damn ball, and then when the ball is thrown at me, I drop it. Yeah, I don't want to be that guy. Take the initiative, they say! Fine. This week, I am going to teach myself how to use HPLC.
Last night, I did not sleep well. There were a couple reasons for this, but for one, I had a very disturbing dream about someone who was very close to me. We were in Boston, and I remember that I had to catch my flight to get the hell out of there, only the train would not run and I had to find a taxi to take me to the nearest harbor, so I could run across the bay to the airport (it was winter time, and the water was frozen over). What is even more frightening is that this is the second time in three days in which I remember having a dream that involved a train. Bizarre, huh? For you psychics out there, if you have a read as to what that was all about, please fill me in, because I would like to know.
By the way, did you see how I linked the first and last things together there just now? Oh yeah. That was talent. Unlimited.