« Home | Talent Unlimited » | Traffic Sweet Spot » | Goals Progress » | Canon Revised » | Canon in Fe Major » | Sorry Gilead » | Dreaming About Work » | Taking In Heat » | Show Me Da Money » | The Riddle »

Stepping Out

Alright. The secret is out. I can no longer hide the fact that I really like hustle. I do. There is only one problem, though. I can't dance it. For some reason, I just tense up. This is new to me because that does not happen when I waltz.

So last night, joined by Brian, Tina, and Carrie, I decided to head over to Stepping Out for their Tuesday night hustle lesson. Being that we were there on Asian time, Carrie and I immediately jumped in with a group that had already started, only we did not know that it was the intermediate/advance class! Boy, was that embarrassing. Afterwards, the dance floor opened up and we just watched in awe as the pros demonstrated their hustle prowess. I believe at one point, my jaw dropped, and my friends had to place their finger under my chin to put it back in place.

There is just something simply amazing about that dance! The turns, the moves, the feel. The precise moment in which the lead has to place his palm on the follow's back. Hustle is a dance that has to be executed flawlessly to look good. And when that happens, it's like: Wow. Carrie made the implication that the only I reason I like hustle is because I get to be very touchy-feely with my partner. I would have to agree with her. Well, not for me specifically, but for other people. I mean, it does indeed (and forgive me for being blunt about this) have a sexual connotation. The rhythm, the beat, the energy. After a while, everything becomes blurry. The two dancers slowly unite to become one. Ah.

I wish I were a quarter as good as some of the folks I saw last night. Damn.

Labels: