« Home | Fantastic Contraption » | Madden 09 » | Total Recall » | Eating Junk » | Paying a Premium » | Let the Games Begin » | From Russia with Love » | Pandora » | Matters of Substance » | Scattered Thoughts »

The Mailbox: Timmy Love

Hmm, my comment didn't make it up on the ESPN debate post. Oh well, I will put it up here instead then.

Should Tim Lincecum be considered above Brandon Webb and CC Sabathia for the NL Cy Young? -ESPN Sports Dude

Absolutely! The Cy Young should be given to the best overall pitcher who gives your team the best chance to win, and by far, that player has been Timmy. What your team does given that opportunity is of no fault to the pitcher, and thus, that is why the W-L should not and cannot be taken into account in this year's consideration of the award. Besides, if it were not for a controversial balk call in April in which the ump had seemingly called timeout, he'd have one fewer loss! The kid leads the league in ERA and strikeouts, and he's gone five innings or more every single game he's started except for one, and in that one, it took a ball off his knee to take him out! There is also no one out there who is better at stopping a losing streak than Tim Lincecum, and trust me, the Giants lose a lot.

I also liked a post that I saw from someone in Sacramento who said what I was also thinking: Bottom line is, the Giants are a different team when Lincecum is on the hill. He is 13-2 with a 2.62 ERA in 22 starts following team losses this season. That's what a Cy Young pitcher does for his club. Lincecum has inspired a whole group of mediocre hitters/defenders to play at a whole different level.

Amen.

Labels: ,

Timmy totally deserves the Cy Young! I mean, seriously, he's given a team that people expected to be an utter disappointment to be exciting and have games worth going to! There's a reason why the park pretty much sells all their seats when he's on the mound. ...And they even made a whole promotion just for days he pitches!!!

Then again I'm TOTALLY biased. :D (And proud of it!!!)

Post a Comment