Paying a Premium
$346.10. That was how much I spent on fuel in the month of July. Hot damn.. where the hell do I go?! I need to seriously cut down or implement measures like this, so I can eat more than just ramen. And not the good kind either, like Ryowa or Maruichi; I am talking about home-cooked! Ugh.
Specifying premium fuel lets a car manufacturer squeeze out more horsepower. BMW, for example, recommends that all the cars it sells in the United States use premium fuel, but they will run on regular.
"There generally isn’t any harm done to the engine by using lower-octane fuel," said a BMW spokesman, Thomas Plucinsky. "Because our engines do have very good forms of knock sensing and are able to deal with lower-octane fuels, you will not have any drivability issues. You will, however, lose some of the performance."
With the money I save, I can go buy a real horse, like this one here.
Specifying premium fuel lets a car manufacturer squeeze out more horsepower. BMW, for example, recommends that all the cars it sells in the United States use premium fuel, but they will run on regular.
"There generally isn’t any harm done to the engine by using lower-octane fuel," said a BMW spokesman, Thomas Plucinsky. "Because our engines do have very good forms of knock sensing and are able to deal with lower-octane fuels, you will not have any drivability issues. You will, however, lose some of the performance."
With the money I save, I can go buy a real horse, like this one here.
I'm surprised gas has gone down a little in recent weeks! I drive by gas stations, checking out the price of gas, and think, "Oh boy, $4.43?! Yayyy!" It's quite sad. During this time that gas has gone down in price a bit, I haven't needed to fill up the tank! Just you watch - gas prices will go up, and then I'll have to fill up...
Posted by
Starlight |
August 5, 2008 at 8:05 PM