« Home | Snooze » | Things I Should Not Do with My Bonus » | The UNLV of Eastern Massachusetts » | Changing the Ol' Routine » | Things I Should Stop Doing » | Lucky Penny » | Bad Press » | Spore » | Mint » | The Chihuly »

Big Brother is Watching

Apparently, George Orwell works for Facebook. How else would you explain them finding out about my newly acquired subscription to the internet game rental site Gamefly and then promptly posting it onto my news feed for everyone to see?

"Felix signed up for a membership on GameFly."
"Felix added Assassin's Creed to his queue on GameFly."
"Felix added Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas to his queue on GameFly."

On one hand, I think this is ingenious. With things like this, I actually do want a forum for my friends to find out about my "random activities" without having to tell them individually. Perhaps they may even start recommending their favorite titles for me to try on my PS3! In this regard, I don't believe there is better advertising out there than what I currently see.

On the other hand, this is actually kind of creepy. Do I have to monitor my internet usage in case sites do not give me the option to immediately purge activity feeds before they go up? What can I expect next?

"Felix just signed up for all you can watch one-legged Lithuanian midget porn."

Oh good God nooooooooo!! Delete, delete!

Labels: ,

Happened to me too, but with something else... and not midget porn. haha. it's Facebook's beacon. I think they do it by cookie. You can reset your privacy setting on Facebook to stop posting those feeds.

and did u notice 1 nanosecond popup to opt out?

Post a Comment