Things I Should Not Do with My Bonus
J&J bonuses came out last week, and as many of you already know, I blew some of it on a Playstation 3 and Rock Band already. The funny thing is that I did not even intend to get it when I did; in fact, I had gone to Target to get socks. To minimize these impulse purchases, I am going to force myself to be responsible from here on out so that I can afford that dream condo in the 'burbs. That means none of the following items will be procured for the rest of this year.
An HDTV
Instant gratification now or ten thousands more later when I retire? One would think that this would be a no-brainer given that I have a PS3 *now*. Must.. resist. Besides, it will help my other goal of watching less TV. That and if I hold out long enough, then Yves might get one. Teehee!
Games and More Games
Assassins Creed, Madden 08, Virtua Tennis 3, Rainbow Six Vegas, and other titles will have to wait. At $60 a pop, these babies aren't cheap. Plus I think the smarter thing to do would be to sign up for a trial version of Gamefly to try out some of these and to see if I actually like them before I dive in.
Miscellaneous Trips That Require Airfare
I already have plans to go to Vegas for Greg's wedding in April and I am possibly meeting up with my cousin and his girlfriend in Europe later this year. The NY trip might become a casualty in this latest round of cuts. We will see. Hey, maybe this will give me an excuse to take a road trip across the US like I have always wanted to do.
Others
No golf clubs since I am not that serious yet, second monitors even though it is a superb concept, NBA tickets because come on.. the Warriors? And no strippers. I think the last one is just a good general rule to live by.
An HDTV
Instant gratification now or ten thousands more later when I retire? One would think that this would be a no-brainer given that I have a PS3 *now*. Must.. resist. Besides, it will help my other goal of watching less TV. That and if I hold out long enough, then Yves might get one. Teehee!
Games and More Games
Assassins Creed, Madden 08, Virtua Tennis 3, Rainbow Six Vegas, and other titles will have to wait. At $60 a pop, these babies aren't cheap. Plus I think the smarter thing to do would be to sign up for a trial version of Gamefly to try out some of these and to see if I actually like them before I dive in.
Miscellaneous Trips That Require Airfare
I already have plans to go to Vegas for Greg's wedding in April and I am possibly meeting up with my cousin and his girlfriend in Europe later this year. The NY trip might become a casualty in this latest round of cuts. We will see. Hey, maybe this will give me an excuse to take a road trip across the US like I have always wanted to do.
Others
No golf clubs since I am not that serious yet, second monitors even though it is a superb concept, NBA tickets because come on.. the Warriors? And no strippers. I think the last one is just a good general rule to live by.
Phil's looking to maybe move his television. You should get in on that.
Posted by
Jack Chou |
March 4, 2008 at 12:50 PM
Re: Eurotrip. Save up your pennies, because the Euro to American dollar rate is going to keeel you.
Posted by
Unknown |
April 8, 2008 at 1:21 PM