« Home | No Glove, No Love » | Gimpy Finger » | Whodunnit? » | The Game Room » | Scrabulous League » | Still Friends » | Barry Sucks » | How Six Songs Collide » | New Embedded Song Function » | Floor General »

New York Bro Style: Day 1

The first thing I wanted to do when I got into JFK was to have little cheeseburgers from White Castle, since I had heard so much about them from the movie Harold and Kumar. Luckily, we found one on the way to New Jersey, so my stomach was quite satisfied after that midnight snack.

The next morning, I slept in until after ten and found myself on my first adventure to the big city, armed with a moderately good sense of direction and a bus schedule that Denis had left me before he headed off to work. The Lakeland bus dropped me off at the Port Authority Bus Terminal, on the corner of 8th and 42nd, where who else but the always good-natured Hanah was awaiting me! We ended up going to a Japanese food place (my third time this week!) right across from Price Waterhouse Cooper, and Denis was also able to join us since his firm let him out early for the holiday weekend. After some pretty delicious pork katsu, Hanah decided to part ways with us to meet another friend who also happened to be in town, and so we boys decided to roam around midtown for the rest of that afternoon, stopping by St. Patrick’s Cathedral to admire the architectural masterpiece and to take some pretty pictures. On the way back to the theater district, I got tickled by Elmo. Oh, and we also saw Indy IV.

Since we had about an hour to kill after the movie, we stopped by some random bar to have a beer (well, a Coke for me!) and to sit down to rest our tired feet. Then, it was show time! So going in, I had no idea what Spamalot is about, other than it is “funny,” but there are a lot of things I find funny. The only thing I can describe about it is that it is very punny with lots of innuendos. The first act started off a bit slowly to the point where I actually dozed off, but it quickly turned itself around after the intermission. On my scale of musical ratings, I would probably give it a B-.

And that was how day one concluded.

By the way, does this writing sound kind of forced? I am having a lot of trouble recounting individual events.. that and I am kind of distracted by SportsCenter. Ah well, I will try to power through this, as I intend to stay up all night (my flight’s in a few hours) so stay tuned!

Labels: , ,