Gimpy Finger
Fuck me. Apparently, I now have a bum left ring finger, as I unknowingly jammed it yesterday after going for a loose ball (but hey, I made the game-winning basket though!). This type of injury is called a mallet finger, and is pretty common for people who play basketball, volleyball, and baseball. By far it is my most serious injury in the past decade, and according to my doctor, and most likely the orthopedic specialist that I will see later this week, I will be out of commission from a lot of my normal activities until my birthday, as the heal time is roughly six to eight weeks.
So this means no Rock Band unless I sing, dancing unless I follow, or sports unless I want to catch things with my mouth, lest I want to re-injure it and lengthen the healing process. In short, it will be a pretty boring next two months.
There are, however, a couple of things that you can do to help me through this difficult time and this may or may not include: lending me your DVDs, accepting my invitations to go bowling (hey, that only requires *1* arm!), and not making me type so many W's, S's, and X's.
Thuz, from nor on, I rould like to azk you to refer to me as Felickz.
So this means no Rock Band unless I sing, dancing unless I follow, or sports unless I want to catch things with my mouth, lest I want to re-injure it and lengthen the healing process. In short, it will be a pretty boring next two months.
There are, however, a couple of things that you can do to help me through this difficult time and this may or may not include: lending me your DVDs, accepting my invitations to go bowling (hey, that only requires *1* arm!), and not making me type so many W's, S's, and X's.
Thuz, from nor on, I rould like to azk you to refer to me as Felickz.
Hm. What was your most serious injury outside of this past decade?
Ah, so you did see a doctor. That's good. It's best to take care of these things right away. I meant to ask you about it earlier, actually...
I don't think there are many games where you can catch things with your mouth. ...There is the let's-see-if-I-can-throw-food-into-your-open-mouth game. Wanna give it a shot? =p Just keep your eyes shut, cause food can be pointy. ...And I'm sure the crumbs don't help.
I'd lend you DVDs, but I really don't have many in the way of movies... Mainly episodes of The Simpsons. My family as a whole has a lot, though. Keep in mind they're mainly family movies. =p Maybe I'll run the list by you.
Getting you to type fewer Xs, Ss, and Ws might be the hardest part since I can't predict what you type. I can refer to you as Felicks, however, and maybe that...will help your mindset to user fewer of those letters.
Posted by
Starlight |
May 12, 2008 at 10:42 PM
feel free to not use any Xs, Ss, and Ws when playing me in scrabble!
Posted by
Eric Sun |
May 13, 2008 at 12:28 PM
Fe- I tried attempting to comment not utilizing my ring finger. Pretty hard. I gave up.
We'll go on all sorts of non-left-ring-finger adventures when you visit NYC in a couple weeks. Hurrah!
Posted by
Unknown |
May 14, 2008 at 8:52 AM