« Home | How Six Songs Collide » | New Embedded Song Function » | Floor General » | Facebook Chat » | Top Down » | Fantasy Addiction » | My First Time with Virgin » | The Problem with Monty » | On the DL from DL » | Song: Thomas' Apartment - Hidden in the Sound »

Barry Sucks

About two weeks ago, I pitched in a playoff game against the first-seeded team and got shelled for 25 runs, although half of that was probably unearned. It did not help that the other team was pissed off at us for trying to sneak in a forfeited win and checking their IDs, hoping that one of them forgot theirs. They didn't, and trust me, there is no worser feeling than to know that they are aiming the ball straight at your head just 60 feet away.

I was down about a week for letting my team down, after such an inspirational speech to the boys too that included cliches galore. How can anyone possibly pitch that badly, I asked myself? It happens. Just ask Barry Zito.

For $126-million, you would think that the Giants knew what they were doing. The A's and everyone else in the world certainly did, and Bill Simmons put it best when he said on his podcast:

A couple of things that worried me about it, like if I had been a Giants fan when it happened is first, the A's weren't really that interested in re-signing him, which should always make you nervous, you know, it's like you're interested in somebody else's girlfriend and he's like dude take her, I'll break up with her, I don't care.

And now they are going to make him a bullpen guy. Yeah. Hey, maybe the Giants can re-sign Matt Morris for another huge contract. I hear he's looking for a job now.

Labels:

Like most things Bill Simmons writes (I don't read anything he writes anymore for this exact reason), his comment just isn't very intelligent/knowledgeable.

Zito is a Boras client - there was no way Beane would have re-signed him even if he thought he was Johan Santana. As an A's fan, I think Simmons' comment is convenient but not realistic.

Post a Comment