Goals 2008
To make things a little bit more interesting this year, I have related each of them to an episode of, you guessed it, How I Met Your Mother. I have also added these titles to the sidebar to track my progress throughout the year, and the links will become live as its own post every time I complete one. How cool is that? Here goes nothing.
The Sweet Taste of Liberty (1x3)
1. Switch jobs.
The Duel (1x8)
2. Participate in The Chinese Challenge*.
The Limo (1x11)
3. Ride in a limousine for the first time.
Drumroll, Please (1x13)
4. Survive three songs on Rock Band expert mode for all four instruments.
Nothing Good Happens After 2 A.M. (1x18)
5. Wake up before noon 354/366 days (allows for one slip up a month).
Single Stamina (2x10)
6. Be able to run five kilometers** without stopping.
Lucky Penny (2x15)
7. Two words: Roth IRA.
Moving Day (2x18)
8. Buy a home in the Bay Area.
We’re Not From Here (3x2)
9. Go on the top deck of a double-decker bus in London.
How I Met Everyone Else (3x15)
10. Introduce myself to a new person every week for 52 weeks.
* The Chinese Challenge is a little complicated in that it would require almost an entire post to explain. It is a challenge to me and my friends to speak only in the language of our choice (so Cantonese one month, Mandarin another, etc.) whenever we are speaking alone. Of course, in the company of friends and on AIM, this will be exempted. In short, it is a way to ensure that I will speak more Chinese this year. They say the hardest part of learning a language is not being immersed in it enough. Well, we are blessed with the ability, and yet it is wasted day in and day out because it feels somewhat uncomfortable! Now who is with me?! :-D
** This had been changed from miles to kilometers, as I intend to participate in the ALC 5K run/walk in May. It seems more plausible now that I have something concrete to work towards.
The Sweet Taste of Liberty (1x3)
1. Switch jobs.
The Duel (1x8)
2. Participate in The Chinese Challenge*.
The Limo (1x11)
3. Ride in a limousine for the first time.
Drumroll, Please (1x13)
4. Survive three songs on Rock Band expert mode for all four instruments.
Nothing Good Happens After 2 A.M. (1x18)
5. Wake up before noon 354/366 days (allows for one slip up a month).
Single Stamina (2x10)
6. Be able to run five kilometers** without stopping.
Lucky Penny (2x15)
7. Two words: Roth IRA.
Moving Day (2x18)
8. Buy a home in the Bay Area.
We’re Not From Here (3x2)
9. Go on the top deck of a double-decker bus in London.
How I Met Everyone Else (3x15)
10. Introduce myself to a new person every week for 52 weeks.
* The Chinese Challenge is a little complicated in that it would require almost an entire post to explain. It is a challenge to me and my friends to speak only in the language of our choice (so Cantonese one month, Mandarin another, etc.) whenever we are speaking alone. Of course, in the company of friends and on AIM, this will be exempted. In short, it is a way to ensure that I will speak more Chinese this year. They say the hardest part of learning a language is not being immersed in it enough. Well, we are blessed with the ability, and yet it is wasted day in and day out because it feels somewhat uncomfortable! Now who is with me?! :-D
** This had been changed from miles to kilometers, as I intend to participate in the ALC 5K run/walk in May. It seems more plausible now that I have something concrete to work towards.
Labels: life