« Home | The Jungle » | Freakin' Westbrook » | Fantasy Playoffs - (6) Cat Five at (3) Turducken » | My Personal DNA » | The Mailbox: Lust, Caution » | Keeping Touch » | Killing My Readership » | Who's Your Daddy Longlegs » | How I Met.. A Girl Online » | The Stanford Syndrome »

Guitar Hero Elbow

I kid you not, I think I am developing some sort of carpal tunnel syndrome from playing too much Guitar Hero/Rock Band/Wii over this holiday break. I need to chill out on the games for a bit, or at least start playing something that requires less motion.

Aside from the massive amount of gaming, I have done the following ever since I got in Sunday night. I have visited the room service kitchen at the Wynn, had dim sum, played live Scrabble, rewatched some first season episodes of Veronica Mars, almost electrocuted myself and/or burnt the house down, picked up a stick of Old Spice from Walmart, picked up a caramel macchiato from Starbucks, surprise visited an old high school friend's parents (he wasn't around at the time), and hung out with Greg and company at Chez BFE. It is not exactly living it up Vegas style as you Californians imagine it to be, but I am quite happy about the quiet time that I am getting to spend with old friends and family.

For the rest of the week.. and 2007.. it is most likely more of the same, although I would really like to catch Lucy and Phil before they head back to Boston, and J.T. and Randy since I promised myself to not lose touch with my close friends from back in the day. There is also the Bellagio buffet that I said I would go to with Douglas (who came into town from SF) and his family tomorrow afternoon, along with finishing The Jungle and a family portrait with us suited up on Friday. Oh, that and watching The Transformers since apparently I am a bad friend for not having seen it! Boo.

Anyway, I just want to wish everyone a happy holiday wherever you are and whomever you are with.

There is one more thing. I just want to document here right now that I have officially added "being a formidable Scrabble opponent" to my A-List. What is the A-List, you ask? Read the following dialog, and check back next time!

Ted: Mom, dad, I have found the future Mrs. Ted Mosby! Marshall, how have I always described my perfect woman?
Marshall: Oh let’s see (thinks) she likes dogs?
Robin: I’ve got five dogs.
Marshall: ... she drinks scotch?
Robin: I love a scotch that’s old enough to order its own scotch.
Marshall: Can quote obscure lines from "Ghostbusters"?
Robin: Ray, when someone asks you if you’re a god you say, "Yes!"
Ted: And I’m saving the best for last.
Robin: Do you want these? (Holding up remaining olives from her plate) I hate olives.
Marshall: She hates olives! Awesome!

Labels: , , ,