« Home | Signing Day » | Weekend with Karl » | Pluto! » | Resigning » | Good Ol' ChemEs » | Your Majesty & The Room » | Enemy Territory » | Big Dork » | Stepping Out » | Talent Unlimited »

Loopy Randomness

Since I have a little time, here is a short update on things that are somewhat interesting to me:

My Job - I went back and forth and back and forth, from seeking input from those closest to me to listening to advice from almost complete strangers, to the point where it would make even the most advanced waltzers dizzy! There was a time when I think I even flipped a coin to make it a little bit more melodramatic. Anyway, long story short: I will not be quitting my job. In fact, I turned down the Honeywell offer to stay at ALZA, but starting (hopefully) next Monday, I will be transitioning to a new role in a new group, one that has to do with medical devices. There were a lot of reasons for this, so if you would like find out my thought process, ask! Otherwise, wish me luck, because I will need it.

Fantasy Football - You cannot have fantasy football without fan, and as you know, that is is my middle name (no really, it is!). This is my eighth year of doing this and maybe the fourth of fifth of being some sort of a commissioner or co-commissioner. Gosh, I love this game. Can't wait till tonight, when Miami and Pittsburgh square off. In case you were wondering, the following is my starting lineup for the first week.

Matt Hasselbeck (QB), Edgerrin James/Cadillac Williams (RB), TJ Houshmandzadeh/Keenan McCardell/Santana Moss (WR), Tony Gonzalez (TE), Nate Kaeding (K), NY Giants (DT)

HSBC Online - I have been reading up on a lot of financial literature and basically all of them said if you are not already earning upwards of 5% interest on your savings, then you have clearly been missing out. I think Emigrant and others pay a fraction of a bit more, but I like the convenience of having an account with a bank that has ATMs in strategic locations where I may or may not visit in the near future: Oakland Chinatown, Rowland Heights, SF and Hong Kong. So when I saw their little logo, I was sold!

Proposed phone call to ING to cancel my current account:
Me: Hi. I'd like to cancel my account.
Customer Service Representative: Oh. I'm sorry to hear that. May I ask why?
Me: Well, your interest rates are just not competitive anymore, so I'm switching to another bank.
CSR: Have you considered our other products that have a significantly higher rate than our blah blah blah insert financial mumbo jumbo here.
Me: No. Well, okay. The real reason is that HSBC's logo is a lot cuter; it's a fat little piggy! What the heck do you guys have? An orange dot? I mean, come on!
CSR: silence

I would add more, but I think this is getting a little ridiculous and my hands smell like some strange combination of latex and disinfectant. See, this is what happens when they put me around chemicals again. I get a little loopy.

Labels: , ,