« Home | Klean Kanteen » | The Countdown » | Robbed » | The Sweet Taste of Liberty » | Is It October Already » | Still Here » | The Mailbox: Timmy Love » | Fantastic Contraption » | Madden 09 » | Total Recall »

That's Bull

Since frequent postings are now a thing of the past, I will justify my lack of action by saying that I now spend more time doing the things I want/like to do and less time capturing them through film or print. Eh eh? Okay, that's bull and I know it.

Last night, I had the fabulous oppourtunity to attend my company's holiday party at AT&T Park. There were food, music, and of course, an ample amount of entertainment. Pretty much, nothing on the grounds was off limits, and Will, Irene, Keiko, and I took advantage of that by roaming the entire venue from the field to the club to the promenade levels. There were actually too many things to choose from, and I believe it would be best to start by telling you what we did not end up doing. So there was the gigantic ferris wheel (which I am still baffled by how they got it into the ballpark), an ice-skating rink, the batting cages, palm readers, and a rock climbing wall. That is actually enough entertainment saved up for *next* year. Alas, the weather was too cold for us to stand in line.

Of the things we did do, there was food and lots of it. The organizers themed it by having foods of the different seasons.. in which spring was more gardeny veggie-type things, summer was barbeque (mini cheeseburgers!), fall was sausages, soup, and pasta, and winter was more of the traditional holiday servings. We also stood in lines for traditional fans with our names in calligraphy and a three-minute couples caricature drawing, ran into the CEO, pretended to be the players and coaches and sitting in the dugouts, warmed ourselves up by roasting marshmallows at the pits, raced down the slides next to the giant Coca-Cola bottle, and listened to some Beatles cover band and salsa danced.

And oh of course, there was me riding the mechanical bull. Will did not think that I could last 10 seconds and.. I didn't. :-p

Labels: , , , ,

Mm, no comment.... =P

Although I am quite surprised at the quality of the video, despite the glare.

felix, cats are supposed to land on their feet =p

(this is a reference to felix the cat)

-the menace

Post a Comment