« Home | Bowling Nostalgia » | Anniversary Day » | New Activities » | LDRs » | Being Twenty-Something » | Booked » | West Virgina » | Song: Phil Collins - Can't Stop Loving You » | It's You and Me » | Music and Lyrics »

St. Croix County

I think there are moments in everyone's life when you are behind the wheel of a car driving down a long stretch of road and you think just for a split second, what if for once you don't end up going to your destination of choice and you just continued driving. Where would you end up? What would it matter? Would anyone notice?

That crossed my mind this morning as I wrapped up with the business portion of my trip. I was on my way to the airport, en route back to California, and I had a map and a few hours to kill, so I just kept on driving.. and driving.. and driving.. and I somehow ended up in Wisconsin before turning around. It was just gorgeous to be able to see the countryside, to enjoy a little bit of their fresh air, and to just slow down. This was the first time that I have ever done something like that, and the last thing that I will ever forget.

Labels: ,