« Home | Anniversary Day » | New Activities » | LDRs » | Being Twenty-Something » | Booked » | West Virgina » | Song: Phil Collins - Can't Stop Loving You » | It's You and Me » | Music and Lyrics » | Too Freakin' Early »

Bowling Nostalgia

I bought my first bowling ball from a high school friend named Thomas for $5. It was powder blue with white swirls, plastic, and I don't even think it fit me. I did not care, though, because you know what? I had my own ball! Hell, I think the guy may have even been left handed. I was so proud of it, that I even engraved my own name on there. It was just that cool to be me.

I remember being really envious of people and their Brunswick Target Zones. Now these babies were the stars of the lanes; everyone had them, or at least everyone whom I thought was good! I knew I wanted one, but I could not justify paying a premium price for it, what with my modest 120 average and trying my darnest to make my high school JV team.

Now fast forward a couple of years, and I am once again faced with the dilemma of whether or not I should get one, now that I have become a more serious bowler. As it turned out from my years of experience, you're only as good as your best spare ball, and right now, I can really use the step up in my consistency. Alas, The Green Monster, which had served me so well over the years, must retire. The question for me now is: what color?

With that being said, I leave you now with a few scores. The funny thing is that for as long as I have been bowling, I don't think I have ever had two 200 games in the same series. That changed last Sunday, when I rolled a 200, a 164, and a 225. The dedications go out to Thomas, for selling me my first ball, and to me, for hanging in there for so long.

Reno in October, here I come!

Labels:

congrats! when am i getting a dedication?! :-P

Post a Comment