New Activities
Mondays
Although it has not been specifically locked down yet, I think I will make my Mondays basketball at the Manz Court day. With the weather turning a little warmer, and my utter lack of mobility somewhat frightening now, my Alzan pals Iswadi and Douglas have been meeting up at this central location for some pick up games action. Yay exercise!
Wednesdays
I am currently taking Intermediate Piano at De Anza. Beginning turned out to be way too easy for me last quarter (what can I say, my self-teaching worked!), although I did learn a couple of new things. I may have met my match though, because two weeks in and we're already learning the Polonaise or something crazy like that.. with sixteeth notes! In short, I have been forced to practice almost everyday! This will be really good for me, I can tell.
Thursdays
Originally, this was supposed to have been my Beginning Singing class, but for reasons that I have already delineated for others, I will have to drop this and pick it up some other time (maybe with Jason and Yves, eh?). Mostly, the time commitment required for two creative activities is more than I currently have with a full-time job. This is especially true whenever I try something that I want to be perfect at. Also, singing solely in Italian is not my forte, although admittedly, the first class was racously fun!
Sundays
Ah, getting back to my roots, I joined a bowling league at Homestead Lanes. My first three official, sanctioned games were 161, 219 (dedicated to Carrie), and 181. To those of you who are too lazy to add and divide, that would be an average of 187. My short term goal is to bump that up to 190 and sustain it, and picking up some award money by entering into local tourneys around here. My long term goal is to be able to bowl at the National Bowling Stadium in Reno (just like the guys in Kingpin!) and maybe get on ESPN!
Although it has not been specifically locked down yet, I think I will make my Mondays basketball at the Manz Court day. With the weather turning a little warmer, and my utter lack of mobility somewhat frightening now, my Alzan pals Iswadi and Douglas have been meeting up at this central location for some pick up games action. Yay exercise!
Wednesdays
I am currently taking Intermediate Piano at De Anza. Beginning turned out to be way too easy for me last quarter (what can I say, my self-teaching worked!), although I did learn a couple of new things. I may have met my match though, because two weeks in and we're already learning the Polonaise or something crazy like that.. with sixteeth notes! In short, I have been forced to practice almost everyday! This will be really good for me, I can tell.
Thursdays
Originally, this was supposed to have been my Beginning Singing class, but for reasons that I have already delineated for others, I will have to drop this and pick it up some other time (maybe with Jason and Yves, eh?). Mostly, the time commitment required for two creative activities is more than I currently have with a full-time job. This is especially true whenever I try something that I want to be perfect at. Also, singing solely in Italian is not my forte, although admittedly, the first class was racously fun!
Sundays
Ah, getting back to my roots, I joined a bowling league at Homestead Lanes. My first three official, sanctioned games were 161, 219 (dedicated to Carrie), and 181. To those of you who are too lazy to add and divide, that would be an average of 187. My short term goal is to bump that up to 190 and sustain it, and picking up some award money by entering into local tourneys around here. My long term goal is to be able to bowl at the National Bowling Stadium in Reno (just like the guys in Kingpin!) and maybe get on ESPN!
I'm glad you're finding productive things to do these few months :)
Jia you!
Posted by
CC |
April 21, 2007 at 11:44 PM