« Home | The Nevada Caucus » | Chinese Music Videos » | Nice Guys » | IONSYS Launch » | Who's Your Fantasy Congressman? » | Tootin' My Own Horn » | Goals 2008 » | Song: Emerson Hart - I Wish the Best for You » | William Shatner The Shaman » | 2007 Recap »

The A-List

I have this frustrating habit of accidentally asking out girls who I have no interest in. Seriously, who follows "want to grab dinner" with "and a movie too" when you want to be maintaining that platonic status without making things too nebulous. Now talk about awkward! This has happened to me more than once.

To clear the air once and for all, I have developed a list of qualities (after weeks of refinement!) that I am looking for in that potential someone with whom I may want to be more than friends. It is not generic in that any pretty, smart, and breathing member of the double-x chromosome will do; however, I believe it is still pretty wide open, given my situation today.

With that said, gentlemen, start your (search) engines! Without further ado, I present to you The A-List:

  • Must be Chinese. I debated this for the longest time. Should she be Cantonese because I am? The answer is no, with the condition that she is open to learning it because otherwise, someone is going to feel pretty left out at Chez KP in Vegas.

  • Must be younger than me. (Fe / 2) + 7 is too much math. Try as long as she graduated with a hard stop at minus five, then that is okay for me, since my parents are five years apart. Dang it, that still makes it Class of 2009! This may or may not have to be adjusted every year with inflation.

  • Must have attended college. She does not need to have a PhD in love, but being able to engage me in conversation about the news, politics, and work is not only good for the relationship, but also a good life skill to have. A Pac-10 school in Cali is preferred, but I am not that picky.

  • Must have a cheesy sense of humor. I like puns a lot. My friends know this and they make fun of me for it. She needs to back me up by saying similar off-the-chart cheesy remarks so then they can be like, "Argh, you guys are disgustingly cute together."

  • Must be able to drive. I am a ChemE, not a chauffeur. I did not think this would bother me, but it actually makes a big difference. Want to hang out? How about you come to my place.

  • Must be tolerant of sports and video games. Everyone has hobbies, and I am no different. She does not need to watch every Stanford game with me or join my fantasy leagues, but I grew up watching the Bulls, so she’d better know who Jordan is at least.

  • Must possess a talent I do not have. Singing in harmony? Drawing? Underwater basket weaving? It does not matter. I am impressed very easily.

  • Must be a formidable Scrabble opponent. After the kids go off to college and after all the amazing sex that we are going to have in our 20s to 40s, what else are we going to do? I need her to help me keep my mind active.
This is all I have for now. If I can think of more, I will add them here.

Labels: ,

I do believe my A list is longer than yours. Or at least more extensive

Post a Comment