« Home | Greatest Beatdowns in History » | First Six Hundred Series » | Minnesota Blues » | J&J Screws Me Again » | Good Idea, Bad Idea » | Uniting Bops » | Song: Jude - Stay » | Report Card Day » | Bye WoW » | Carrying June Far Away »

Monkey Off My Back

You can add the following to the list of history's greatest ass-whoopings:

Felix vs. His Wednesday Night League Men's Field

Exactly two weeks after rolling my first ever 600 series, I topped that performance with a little exclamation, coming in first in the sweeper's event by rolling a 644 (222, 192, 230) scratch series, for a total of 758 with handicap. My teammate Bob came in tied for second with a very respectable 706.

It is true what they say about getting that monkey off your back in sports, whether that is getting past the first round of the playoffs, or winning the big game against your nemesis, or in my case, hitting a milestone that I have worked on my entire life. The first time will always hold a special place in my heart, but that does not mean I will take my subsequent success for granted. It took forever to get there, and it will take forever to stay.

I celebrated the night in style with a can of Pepsi, a $1.50 basket of fresh strawberries, and two more episodes of The West Wing Season 7, where I watched:

(SPOILER!!!)

Democrat Matt Santos take the White House by winning Nevada last with its five electoral votes!

Overall, I'd say it was a pretty good night.

Labels: , ,

Okay, dude, I already knew what happens in Season 7, but if I didn't, your spoiler alert was awfully late!! It'd be like sending someone to go down the loopy slide at the playground and saying very calmly as they passed by you at the last turn, "by the way, there's a kiddie pool at the bottom." Or, you know, a better analogy than that. :-P Silly Felix.

Post a Comment