Report Card Day
Had a scare last week when my iPod stopped working. I shouldn't have left it in my car.. guess the heat fried the hard drive a little bit. Luckily, I let it cool down and I plugged it back in earlier today and it worked again. Anyway, recently, Mary introduced me to this podcast called NPR Marketplace Money, and I have been listening to it weekly. The following dramatization was heard on the July 6 episode. They were likening corporate earnings to report cards, in case you were wondering what the heck does this have to do with anything.
Son: Hey Mom, Dad, it’s report card day!
Mom: Well, it must be good news.
Dad: Let’s see here. Straight A’s!?!
Son: Yup!
Mom: You’re grounded!
Son: What?!
Dad: You think you’re getting into Harvard with grades like these? Put some pluses next to those A’s, then we’ll talk.
Son: But this is enough to get me a scholarship to Berkeley!
Mom: Berkeley?!
Dad: Berkeley! You call that a school!?
Son: No matter what I do, it’s never enough.
Mom: Is it wrong to have higher expectations for you?
Dad: Look what you’re doing to your mother! Go to your room!
Son: You’re tearing me apart!
Dad: I said go!!
Mom: I don’t have a son!
Hah.. must be Asian parents! Oh, and by the way, I got an A in Piano II!
Son: Hey Mom, Dad, it’s report card day!
Mom: Well, it must be good news.
Dad: Let’s see here. Straight A’s!?!
Son: Yup!
Mom: You’re grounded!
Son: What?!
Dad: You think you’re getting into Harvard with grades like these? Put some pluses next to those A’s, then we’ll talk.
Son: But this is enough to get me a scholarship to Berkeley!
Mom: Berkeley?!
Dad: Berkeley! You call that a school!?
Son: No matter what I do, it’s never enough.
Mom: Is it wrong to have higher expectations for you?
Dad: Look what you’re doing to your mother! Go to your room!
Son: You’re tearing me apart!
Dad: I said go!!
Mom: I don’t have a son!
Hah.. must be Asian parents! Oh, and by the way, I got an A in Piano II!