Locked Out
Last Friday, the power went out at the house and then I locked myself out. Yes, in that order too. Thus, I called the only two numbers (on my neighbor's cell) that I have memorized, only to have Carrie not pick up and David almost not answering because he was screening. Whatever happened to the good old days sans cell phones and SIM cards? I still remember my high school friends' phone numbers and it has been years since I have seen some of them. As a result, I sat outside in the dark and in the cold for at least thirty minutes before David arrived to drive me to Twister's, where Yves was rock-climbing. So the moral of the story is: memorize phone numbers (or at least your roommate's) and always bring your keys.
Another interesting thing that happened recently was that I had another interview, but before you go on thinking that that is nothing new, let me explain that I was one of the interviewers! That is right! ALZA is looking for new formulation scientists in their drug device development group and we want you! I have to say that the whole role reversal thing felt a little strange. Oh well, no pressure on me!
Also, thanks to Brian, I can now savor my first fantasy victory of the season. Oh the irony! The Squashie has become the squashed.
Another interesting thing that happened recently was that I had another interview, but before you go on thinking that that is nothing new, let me explain that I was one of the interviewers! That is right! ALZA is looking for new formulation scientists in their drug device development group and we want you! I have to say that the whole role reversal thing felt a little strange. Oh well, no pressure on me!
Also, thanks to Brian, I can now savor my first fantasy victory of the season. Oh the irony! The Squashie has become the squashed.