The Devil's in the Details
For some reason, I have heard this phrase twice on two consecutive days. Anyway, here is that viral thing that is going around Facebook Notes about people's 25 Things and here are mine:
---
1. I call my mother at least once a week because I want to and because I know that if I don’t, she will call me twice a day until I do.
2. I like my feet au naturale because I can’t stand wearing socks at home. If they get cold, I put on slippers.
3. The scar on my face is from when this one woman ran me over with her bicycle when I was five. She got up, rode away, and left me there bleeding on the ground. That accident traumatized me and leads me to wonder now what is wrong with society.
4. Speaking of wounds, I once had a gash on my leg because my middle school best friend pretended to play baseball (or something) by swinging an axe and the head came off. Yeah, I was a foolish child. I was lucky that it was the blunt side that grazed my limb.
5. That may or may not be the reason why I never got into baseball/softball until some time last year, and now I love it! It is the game with the great equalizer. If you can't hit, then just make sure you can run really really fast.
6. I agonized over which major to choose from in college between ChemE and MS&E. I consulted with everyone who had a heartbeat, I debated with myself and wavered back and forth, and I cried. After all this drama, you know how I finally ended up choosing one? I went with ChemE because I didn't like how the room looked and felt when I went into this one economics class.
7. I don't like long corridors because I'm not sure what to do when someone I don't know is walking towards me from the other side. Do I look at them or do I pretend something on the wall is really interesting? Do I look straight ahead and ignore them, hoping they'll ignore me too? Or do I all of a sudden pick up my phone and answer a phantom call? I finally settled on standing up straight and giving them a nod (and maybe a smile). Chances are, they'll do the same.
8. Back in 2004, I had a really bad case of food poisoning when I was in LA and my stomach was never the same after that. If I get really quiet for no apparent reason, chances are it is because I'm having a random stomachache.
9. I like to put my pants on hangers. I just re-read it and realized that the previous sentence still holds true if I omit hangers.
10. For the longest time, I felt embarrassed that I had a nicer car than my old boss. The truth is, I don't care for my image or prestige or anything like that. I just like nice things. And double points if it's fast.
11. I am 95% sure that I am buying a house this year. That number goes up to 100% if Congress decides to pass the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 with the amendment that will get me an extra $15,000 for doing so.
12. I don't like it when people say nevermind. It makes me feel like they're giving up on trying to explain something to me.
13. That was totally just plagiarized from a separate conversation. But no really! I don't like it.
14. You haven't lived life until you have carried a car battery across the Death Valley Salt Flats in 130-degree weather.
15. I wear hard contacts that are different colors: grey and blue. Without them, I literally cannot see in front of me.
16. I am allergic to alcohol and I found out the hard way.. at a friend's 21st birthday party. If memory serves me correctly, there was aloe lotion involved. Aloe lotion and three guys.
17. Oftentimes, I ask a lot of pointed questions about your work, style, experiences, finances, and relationships that may seem like I am just being nosy. Don't be fooled into thinking that. Most likely, I see you as the gold standard in that department and I want to emulate your success.
18. Driving over bridges is one of my least favorite things to do since I am slightly afraid of both water and heights.
19. I'm usually pretty good about keeping promises. It hurts me when people don't keep theirs.
20. I used to keep a fortune cookie fortune in my wallet for good luck, but I don't know what happened to it since I looked just now and it appears to be missing!
21. I was super into Scrabble at one point last year. In fact, I started a league with my friends.
22. People often wonder why I'm not a better cook since my father's a chef. To that I usually say it skipped a generation. I mean, I'm not horrible, but this life skill is one area that I would like to improve on.
23. This blog is a reminder of who I am for when I am old and my memory degenerates. That was not its intent when I originally started it in 2002. I will probably take it down before I have kids.
24. One time in second grade, I didn't end up going on a class field trip, so they stuck me in the class next door with a substitute teacher. The class had heard that I was a math wiz so they egged the teacher on to challenge me to a "math off" -- we had to multiply one obscenely large number by another to see who would get the answer the quickest. I won. These days, I can barely do division without a scientific calculator.
25. This took me two hours to write because I kept getting distracted and started to read other people's 25 things!
---
TAG! You're it.
---
1. I call my mother at least once a week because I want to and because I know that if I don’t, she will call me twice a day until I do.
2. I like my feet au naturale because I can’t stand wearing socks at home. If they get cold, I put on slippers.
3. The scar on my face is from when this one woman ran me over with her bicycle when I was five. She got up, rode away, and left me there bleeding on the ground. That accident traumatized me and leads me to wonder now what is wrong with society.
4. Speaking of wounds, I once had a gash on my leg because my middle school best friend pretended to play baseball (or something) by swinging an axe and the head came off. Yeah, I was a foolish child. I was lucky that it was the blunt side that grazed my limb.
5. That may or may not be the reason why I never got into baseball/softball until some time last year, and now I love it! It is the game with the great equalizer. If you can't hit, then just make sure you can run really really fast.
6. I agonized over which major to choose from in college between ChemE and MS&E. I consulted with everyone who had a heartbeat, I debated with myself and wavered back and forth, and I cried. After all this drama, you know how I finally ended up choosing one? I went with ChemE because I didn't like how the room looked and felt when I went into this one economics class.
7. I don't like long corridors because I'm not sure what to do when someone I don't know is walking towards me from the other side. Do I look at them or do I pretend something on the wall is really interesting? Do I look straight ahead and ignore them, hoping they'll ignore me too? Or do I all of a sudden pick up my phone and answer a phantom call? I finally settled on standing up straight and giving them a nod (and maybe a smile). Chances are, they'll do the same.
8. Back in 2004, I had a really bad case of food poisoning when I was in LA and my stomach was never the same after that. If I get really quiet for no apparent reason, chances are it is because I'm having a random stomachache.
9. I like to put my pants on hangers. I just re-read it and realized that the previous sentence still holds true if I omit hangers.
10. For the longest time, I felt embarrassed that I had a nicer car than my old boss. The truth is, I don't care for my image or prestige or anything like that. I just like nice things. And double points if it's fast.
11. I am 95% sure that I am buying a house this year. That number goes up to 100% if Congress decides to pass the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 with the amendment that will get me an extra $15,000 for doing so.
12. I don't like it when people say nevermind. It makes me feel like they're giving up on trying to explain something to me.
13. That was totally just plagiarized from a separate conversation. But no really! I don't like it.
14. You haven't lived life until you have carried a car battery across the Death Valley Salt Flats in 130-degree weather.
15. I wear hard contacts that are different colors: grey and blue. Without them, I literally cannot see in front of me.
16. I am allergic to alcohol and I found out the hard way.. at a friend's 21st birthday party. If memory serves me correctly, there was aloe lotion involved. Aloe lotion and three guys.
17. Oftentimes, I ask a lot of pointed questions about your work, style, experiences, finances, and relationships that may seem like I am just being nosy. Don't be fooled into thinking that. Most likely, I see you as the gold standard in that department and I want to emulate your success.
18. Driving over bridges is one of my least favorite things to do since I am slightly afraid of both water and heights.
19. I'm usually pretty good about keeping promises. It hurts me when people don't keep theirs.
20. I used to keep a fortune cookie fortune in my wallet for good luck, but I don't know what happened to it since I looked just now and it appears to be missing!
21. I was super into Scrabble at one point last year. In fact, I started a league with my friends.
22. People often wonder why I'm not a better cook since my father's a chef. To that I usually say it skipped a generation. I mean, I'm not horrible, but this life skill is one area that I would like to improve on.
23. This blog is a reminder of who I am for when I am old and my memory degenerates. That was not its intent when I originally started it in 2002. I will probably take it down before I have kids.
24. One time in second grade, I didn't end up going on a class field trip, so they stuck me in the class next door with a substitute teacher. The class had heard that I was a math wiz so they egged the teacher on to challenge me to a "math off" -- we had to multiply one obscenely large number by another to see who would get the answer the quickest. I won. These days, I can barely do division without a scientific calculator.
25. This took me two hours to write because I kept getting distracted and started to read other people's 25 things!
---
TAG! You're it.
Labels: life
I'm commenting on it and being like, "Whaaaa???!"
4. Foolish child? Well, at least one of those things is no longer true. ;)
5. You're a ½ giants fan. :(
7. I know the feeling. Except it seems like every time I smile at someone, they don't smile back!!! WHY!?
8. Same. Except mine was in 2002... Mine was from SoCal too... Hm. I think we should stay away from SoCal food... It's a sign!!!
9. I know, but why?
12/13. PLAGIARIZER!!
15. Me too!!!
17. I seriously don't recall you doing this to me. ...What does this mean!?
18. I like bridges!......tee-hee...
20. I still have a bunch in mine... I think I should get rid of them though. ...Just make sure you don't lose that quarter....
Posted by
Starlight |
February 4, 2009 at 10:35 PM
This comment has been removed by the author.
Posted by
Arcanum |
February 27, 2009 at 2:25 AM