« Home | Five Random Stock Picks » | Song: Rascal Flatts - My Wish » | Just for Kicks » | It's Beginning to Look.. » | Youtube: Vienna Teng » | Dance for Heart's Sake » | New Project » | Bill Simmons and Football » | Canceled Meeting » | Six Months »

Windfall

Hmm. A windfall. What to do..

Earlier this month, I got a letter from AAA telling me that if I renewed my policy with them for another year, then they'd send me a check for $67. Wow, you say! That is a lot of money for doing a whole lot of nothing. I mean, they will even automatically bill me. What a deal! A win-win situation. But then, I decided to check out what is out there anyway and approached Yves' brother since he sells insurance. Lo and behold, his company offered me a significantly better deal, even considering the rebate, so it was time to jump ship. For some reason, however, either he or I made my effective date later than my current policy would expire, so I had to stay with AAA for eight more days than I had originally planned, and I effectively qualifed for this ""we'll bribe you to stay"" rebate.

So now I'm torn. I feel dirty, but I did not do this on purpose. And I did technically stay with them like they wanted me to, so I'm thinking: hey, money is money. The question is.. should I cash the check?

Labels: